Thanks for your interest. This event is NOW FULLY BOOKED.
Our next Academy is planned for 24th September 2019. Register your interest to attend
Designed specifically for Graduate Engineers, and Engineers who would like to improve their UPS knowledge, this FREE training course will cover basic and some technical information related to specifying UPS systems for mission-critical applications. technology available.
Refreshments will be provided throughout the day including lunch.
- UPS fundamentals: internal components
- UPS Topology: Standalone vs Modular
- Choosing redundant and parallel UPS systems
- Tier levels & availabiliry considerations; MTBF & MTTR
- The VRLA battery and sizing a battery system
- Transformers and their use in circuits
- Fault clearance in UPS circuits
About the trainer
Alex Emms is Operations Director for Kohler Uninterruptible Power. Alex has more than 28 years experience of the power protection business and 18 years service at KUP.
Alex started out as a Field Service Engineer, progressing to Senior Engineer, Supervisor, Service Manager and now Operations Director.